Monday, August 19, 2019

What to do before August 27th


Student instruction begins Tuesday, August 27th. Are you ready?

Here is a checklist of things to do:

  • Understand Your Student's Courses and the Required State Standards
    • You can view your student's courses via Pathways and the state standards are linked to the semester plans. Please let me know if you need help in viewing them.
  • Choose and Order Your Curriculum
    • There are so many options! You get the chance to decide what will work best for your student and your teaching style. Homeschooling is amazing, rewarding, fascinating, and also incredibly time intensive. What do you want to do and how do you want to do it? Do you want complete control? Do you want to teach all aspects? Would you like to have resources that teach for you and you monitor progress? You decide. You need to order your curriculum items as soon as you are able. If you need help choosing or ordering curriculum, please contact me.
  • Plan Your Year
    • Teachers across the country are planning how they will teach students for the year. They unpack their curriculum and decide what they want to teach and when. This is what you will be doing over the next week. Visions uses the required Semester Plans to document this planning. I shared out all semester plans last Friday so you can begin to document your academic plans for the year. The semester plan is due on our LP1 meeting. Please contact me if you need assistance in filling it out, or if you didn't get it or can't access it.
  • Reach Out
    • I am here to help. I have up to 40 families with incredibly different approaches to learning. Some are completely independent and only want my assistance to cross the t's and dot the i's for the state, others desire more input and support. I respect you. I respect how you decide to educate your children and how you approach that endeavor. I respect where you are in your journey. I am available to you for questions, advice, support, tutoring, extra meetings, etc. Just reach out via email, text or phone if you need anything. If I don't hear from you (aside from required communications and meetings), I assume that you have things under control and don't want or need added input.

No comments:

Post a Comment