Monday, April 27, 2020

Ordering Notes


I know many of you are scrambling to use up your school funds by the May 1st deadline. However, I am getting a LOT of orders that I have to reject because they don't adhere to the Visions' Matrix.

I know it can be confusing to know what will be approved or rejected, and I have a strong belief that many unlisted items deserve approval. Please know that I spend hours going over orders, researching each item, trying to advocate for you. I will always go to bat for you if I can justify items as educational, or supporting the standards.

But please, refer to the matrix when ordering so you don't order things that are listed as "not approved".

Typical items that I am seeing orders for that are "not approved":

  • PE clothing
  • Games that are considered recreational rather than educational
  • Furniture items
  • Office equipment
  • Storage containers/bins
  • Stamps
  • Toys
  • Personal items
  • Sports equipment that goes over the $100 per year limit
  • Musical instruments that go over the $100 per year limit
  • Bulk quantities
  • Gardening Tools

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment