Monday, January 14, 2019

Search & Rescue



I have just completed the long process of applying to the El Dorado County Search & Rescue Mounted Unit and am now an official member. YAY! I am very excited to be part of an exceptional group of people who volunteer their time to help people in need.

What this might mean for you:
Probably not much. All trainings are held on weekends. However, the mounted team gets called out an average of twice per year on searches. When I get called out, I will need to be ready to drop everything immediately, go home to gather my horse and supplies, and head to the search area. Chances are this will not happen when we have a meeting scheduled -- but it could. If it does, and we have a meeting scheduled, I will notify you as soon as I get called out.

Also, SAR has regular meetings in Placerville on the second Thursday of each month. I normally have Visions family meetings scheduled that day in Jackson or Ione. I won't be able to hold meetings, get home in time to feed my animals, and make it to the meetings in Placerville. I will have to reschedule those meetings. I will contact families that this will impact separately and work with them to reschedule our meetings in a way that is most convenient for all.

Im hoping for your support in this new endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment