Monday, September 16, 2013

A Note About Contacting Me...

One of the great things about Visions is that you can work around the clock, 24/7. It doesn't matter if you do your scheduled Friday work at 2 a.m. on Saturday. This gives you incredible flexibility.

I, however, don't have the same flexibility. I usually work 8:30 to 4:30 (or longer), 5 days per week. During those hours I prep for student meetings, travel to student meetings, hold student meetings, follow up after student meetings, grade work, order books, return books, go to professional development meetings, log assignments on launchpad, update paperwork, tutor online, call students, answer emails, and try my best to be available for anything that my students need to be successful.

It is really, really important to me that you feel that you can ask me for help. That I am available to you. When you call or email me, I may not be able to answer right away, however, I will do my very best to get back to you within 24 hours.

That means 24 business hours. This does not include evening and weekend hours. I think that I may have confused some students by saying "You can call me anytime!" I meant anytime during normal school hours, not on the weekend or late at night.

While you are welcome to work evenings and weekends, I really, really try NOT to. If you absolutely can't wait to ask a question, and you absolutely have to ask on evenings or weekends because you are afraid you will forget, please email me. That way I will see your question first thing the next work morning and be able to answer as soon as possible.

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment